Best Vertical Jump Workout Program

What's up guys, welcome back to Shano-studio.blogspot.com. In this article I’m going to be answering a simple question that a lot of athletes have. The question is, “Which vert workout will give me the quick and most explosive gains in my jumping ability?”.

Many people do not realize that this question, though simple, is not always easy to answer.

Athletes have different needs when it comes to training their vertical. They often fall into different categories based on the way that they take off from the floor.

To be effective, the leap program must meet the unique athlete's characteristics.

If you are worried about choosing the wrong training, do not be afraid!

I will show you exactly where I learned the best vertical jump training routine. That's why I made Flight Basketball in the first place!

Best Vertical Jump Workout Program


Who Am I?

My name is Pat, and I’m a regular guy who struggled for years to add inches to my vertical.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not an amazing athlete. I do not have someone genetics like Michael Jordan, and I am not the son of a pro athlete. I can guess you might be in the same position.

I created this blog because I wanted to share my success by sharing the way I can do it.

If you have any questions as you read this page, please leave a comment at the end. I’ll be happy to help you out in any way I can.

You might be like my previous article below:



Three Common Myths About Jumping Higher

I want to start by eliminating some myths that I hear over and over again. I’ve had to figure out whether there was any truth to these over the years through trial and error.

I thought I’d try to save you some time and effort by giving you the answers right here.
  • Myth 1 - You need to do 1000 repairs to get results
This is absolutely not true. Actually, you might get tired if you do 1000s of exercise reps during your workout.

There are several programs on the market that force you to do so many reps so your body really starts wearing out.

This causes you to see a decrease in your jumping ability rather than increase.
  • Myth 2 - More practice is always better than lack of practice
This is another common myth that I've seen. Many people believe that if they spend more time in the gym, they will be guaranteed to see better results.

Well, it turns out that the opposite is true.

Similar to myth 1, if you spend too much time on exercising, you will actually end up with practice and maybe hurt yourself.

The body needs time to repair between workouts.

The optimal workout schedule for best results is a max of 3 days per week with a day of rest in between each workout.

This may not seem like much, but you will be amazed by the results you get from following this schedule.
  • Myth #3 – Doing a vert training routine during my (basketball/football/soccer) season will help my vertical
This is another common misconception. Doing a full training program while your season is in progress is not a good idea. Again, this returns to the body's need for recovery.

Again, this goes back to the body’s need for recovery.

If you play scrimmages and competitive games every week apart from practicing, you will be very difficult to face yourself.

You will be much more likely to get injured if you try to do a jump training workout during the season. You should also save the main training for the off season.

If anything, you should focus on endurance training and pliometric exercises during this season.

Best jump program

How Many Inches Will I Gain?

This is another question that a lot of people ask me.

There are many programs out there that promise to do things like double your vertical jump in just a few weeks.

While this may be the case, it is difficult to really know exactly how much you will get before starting the exercise. There are several reasons for this.
  • Genetics – Some people develop muscle and strength more quickly than others. Some people are also able to keep a low body fat percentage without much effort. These factors come into play when determining how quickly you will see gains. However, if you don’t have the genetics of an Olympic athlete don’t worry. Anyone can see awesome gains with the correct training.
  • Diligence – If you diligently follow your training and eat healthy you will see gains. Period. If you resign and skip an exercise day here and there you will not see good results. As with anything else, training your vertical requires persistence and diligence.
  • Proper Training – A great workout should combine plyometrics with strength training, and it should also give you enough time to rest and recover. Without these three things, you will definitely waste your time on exercises that will not help you jump higher.

The Top Vertical Jump Program On The Market

I have used many vert training programs over the years, including Air Alert (1, 2, and 3), The Vertical Project and The Jump Bible.

So far, only one has the advantage, consisted in vertical jump ability.

It's called The Jump Manual, and it's one of the few programs that offer the right training method that will help you get the best results.

That is the reason why you may have seen so many different sites that talk about JM.

Through this program, my vertical jump increased by 8 inches within 3 months.

Also, the program is pretty affordable for what you get. You do not have to spend hundreds of programs like The Vertical Project or a personal trainer to see results.

Watch the video below a man who uses JM to get his first dunk at a height of only 5 feet 11.

Oh, and he’s almost 40 years old! It's amazing, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results you see from The JM. In addition, you can see more testimonials on JM's main page.

Dunking At The Age of 40 With The Jump Manual!

Here is a guy named Andy. He uses Jacob Hiller's program (the Jump Manual) to improve vertically to the point where he can play at the age of 40.

Pretty amazing stuff!

If this isn’t motivation for you to get started, I don’t know what is!

This is the only program I've used myself so far that uses sound coaching principles, and it shows based on Andy's results.

What About Other Workout Programs?

If you're not completely satisfied with the info I gave in The Jump Manual, then here's another one you can check.

The name of it is The Jump Bible. It is actually a very good known program. This program will get you started on your way to a better vertical, but I still recommend you get The Jump Manual.

I have a pretty good result with Jump Bible when I use it back in high school, so it's definitely highly recommended.

I would say that beginners should see some pretty big results with this program.

However, I haven’t heard much from Kelly (the author) in a whilenot sure if he stopped supporting the program or moved on to something else.

Example Jump Workout

For those of you who don’t want to, or can’t, spend money on a professional program I’ve written out one of my older programs below.

Before finding any of the programs I listed above, I actually created it myself and got some decent results (5 in 12 weeks).

If you are interested, you can try it yourself by following the exercises, sets, and reps listed below. This routine should be done a maximum of 3 days per week.

These routines should be performed 3 days per week max. Anything beyond that is overtraining. You should also rest one to two minutes between sets.

Be sure to eat plenty of protein so your body can recover. Also, drink plenty of water and try to avoid other lower body exercises during this 9-week training period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Jump Rope That You Never Heard

10 Benefits Of Picking Up A Jump Rope